A few weeks ago we announced the availability of versioned backups of Google Documents, which allow you to access all versions of a document within Backupify, then view, download or restore any of those versions back to your Google Docs account.
The announcement prompted several questions from customers about how to access versions of Calendar events and Contacts entries, and then use those versions to perform a Google Calendar recovery or a Google Contact recovery. Below we detail the version data available in your Calendar and Contacts archives, as well as instructions on how to access and recover them.
Google Calendar Versions:
We’ve all been invited to meetings that get changed five times because of unexpected scheduling conflicts. But sometimes, a mistake can happen when an event is rescheduled, such as an accidental deletion or removal of an invitee. How do you get that previous version back?
1. Login. Simply login to Backupify, click on your Google Calendar account and click the ‘Previous Versions’ button on the top right of your screen.
2. Choose a Version. In the dropdown menu of dated versions, choose the version you need to access (see screenshot below). You now have the ability to download any version you need and both save the event locally to your computer or open it to view immediately.
Google Contacts Versions:
Accessing different versions of Contacts in Google works in much the same way as Calendar versions. If you ever make a faux pas (by accidentally deleting something, misspelling an email address, etc.) in your Contacts, don’t worry about digging through emails to find their signature or calling them to get their information right. It’s as simple as:.
1. Login. Simply login to Backupify, click on your Google Contacts account and click the ‘Previous Versions’ button on the top right of your screen.
2. Choose a Version. In the dropdown menu of dated versions, choose the version you need to access.
3. Select ‘Restore’ to send the contact back into your Google Apps address book.
Check out Google Calendar and Contacts restore and let us know what you think!
Want backup versions for all your Google Apps accounts? Try Backupify.