This morning we came across an incredible video on AllFacebook.com visualizing how the world really is obsessed with Facebook.
Whether a Facebook user or not, you are probably aware of it’s increasing impact on the way we consume news, interact with old friends, and share information.
Some notable statistics pointed out in this videos are:
- 1 in every 13 people in the world use Facebook (whether active users or not is another statistic)
- 48% of 18-34 year olds check Facebook immediately after they wake up. That’s before they check their email
- When Facebook launched, it was geared towards college students. Now, people 35+ dominate 30% of the Facebook userbase
- 57% of people talk more online than they do in real life. That statistic alone shows the power and penetration of social media into our regular lives
- 48% of young Americans find out about news via Facebook over any other news medium
We’re pretty sure the very last slide of statistics will blow your mind – it sure took us by surprise.
See the video for yourself here: